This blog provides information on public education in children, teaching, home schooling

Wait, Wait! Something to be Optimistic About!

Sorry for another long silence this week, as my boys got downed by a slew of crappy sicknesses, including strep, pneumonia, "bacterial conjunctivitis," and other yummy things....

But since it's a new year, and I've posted some cynical stuff lately, I thought I'd go upbeat on you for a bit. Here are a few reasons to smile tomorrow-- besides the upcoming inauguration of O-Mama! (as Conor calls him):

1. There's a teeny bit of evidence that Americans might be readings books again.

2. I myself, mother and academic, found the time to read two outstanding Anne Lamott books during the past 3 weeks: Bird by Bird, and Traveling Mercies.

Ok, that's two and I'm tired. I have to wake up tomorrow and see if the New York Times finally figured out where I live. Seriously, since moving to Stoughton in September I've not received a single issue of my beloved paper. They tell me they don't deliver here-- yet my neighbors a block away get the paper 7 days a week. I guess they really mean they don't deliver HERE. Man....
You have read this article with the title Wait, Wait! Something to be Optimistic About!. You can bookmark this page URL http://apt3e.blogspot.com/2009/01/wait-wait-something-to-be-optimistic.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Wait, Wait! Something to be Optimistic About!"

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...